Information for customers regarding COVID-19
We're here for you
As a company and a member of communities across Canada, we’re doing our part to help stop the spread of COVID-19. We’re continually finding ways to support our customers, their pets, and our employees. We are closely following the recommendations from the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), and we have a strong, resilient business to weather the challenges.
Supporting our customers
Alleviating the stress associated with unexpected vet bills by providing customers with affordable pet insurance plans is why we’re in business. There are a number of changes we’ve made to our polices, as well as existing features included in our plans that can help during this time:
- Customers can submit claims electronically (through your customer portal and via email)
- Coverage for virtual vet visits
- Direct deposit for claims reimbursements
- We cover boarding and kennel fees if you need to be hospitalized
- Compassionate customer care – if you’re facing financial hardship, please contact us to discuss your options
Here's what we're doing to support employees:
- Most of our employees have successfully transitioned to working remotely, and they’re supporting our customers and brokers with great continuity.
- As an organization, we’re taking an agile and collaborative approach to an office reintegration strategy using inputs from our employees, business leaders, and executive leadership team to form a plan.
- We put the health and safety of our employees at the forefront, that’s why we are implementing strict safety measures within our office reintegration plan. These include the use of PPE, physical distancing measures, sanitization of workspaces and common areas.
- We adjusted our HR policies to take pressure off people – anyone who needs to can focus on supporting their families and maintaining their own wellness, without worrying about balancing home and work-life.
- We encourage only online or phone-based meetings at this time
If you need to submit a claim:
To contribute to ensuring claim payments can be processed quickly and efficiently, you can switch your claim reimbursement method to direct deposit. Please visit the Claims section in your customer portal to update your information or call us at 1.800.581.0580. Remember, you can submit your claim online by uploading a photo of your claim form and receipt.
You are a valued customer, and we’re committed to taking care of you and your pet.
You can contact us as usual:
Monday to Thursday 7:00am – 9:00 pm CST
Friday 7:00 am – 8:00 pm CST
Saturday 8:00 am – 7:00 pm CST
Sunday – Closed
We'll continue to monitor the situation, and we'll update this page if anything changes.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.
Stay safe. We're all in this together.